Reminder to All: Think Before You Hit "Send"

"Plans for Saturday?" That was the subject line of an email I received the other day, and I was excited about the prospect of some fun, until I realized I was not the intended recipient. My colleague had sent it to some family members and mistakenly included me. In this case it was a harmless mistake, but the inadvertent hitting of "Send" is becoming a part of daily life sometimes with more serious consequences.

Surveys have found that the percentage of Americans who've sent embarrassing emails to the wrong person at work has doubled over the past five years to 20%. Embarrassment is the mildest possible consequence, I've read about employees ending up in jail! So next time, before you hit "Send," remind yourself of little r, and count to 5 to save yourself from the dreaded ohnosecond.

BRB,
Erin