This one's for you Martha ;-)


Wow, what a week! I just got back from NYC where I taped a segment on The Martha Stewart Show! Can you believe it? OMG, Martha is so high-tech. The good news is that it was a very rewarding experience :-) The bad news is that it won't air until next Spring 2010 :-( I will be sure to let you all know when to watch it!! And I'll post some of our speaking points a little later on...

In the meantime, I'm back in sunny Santa Monica plowing through my "Finalize Product Development list", and I realize I've done it. I've accomplished a huge number of NetLingo upgrades that my friend and coach in NorCal and I decided were my priorities. When I encountered this list to cross off --and was able to cross off every one of them and more!-- I was like OMG, and so I decided to dedicate this blog to another Martha I know, Martha Danly, this one's for you...

We had a follow-up column and sure enough, these are all DONE :-)
Content:

  • Dictionary/Website – needs upgrading to PHP, streamline design, run broken links, add wiki feature, add new shop capability, add new ad system, possible subscription - DONE
  • Homepage – to feature popular editorial topics and add your own lingo - DONE
  • Monthly Newsletter email – broken, needs upgrade - DONE
  • Word of the day email – ready to launch - DONE
  • Webcast – on-demand requests - DONE
Products:
  • Book – time to publish another book - THE LIST
  • PDF – produce handbooks for walgreens/subscription - NEXT MONTH
  • E-book – bundle with websafety/nokia - instead DEVELOPED AN IPHONE APP!
Web Tools:
  • Pocket Dictionary - mini-browser - FIXED
  • RSS - new and updated terms delivered immediately - ENHANCED
  • Search & Browse Box - use the dictionary from any website- SAME
  • Toolbar - keep on browser for easy search - NEW
  • Widget – word of the day on Google - NEW
Just giving myself a big pat on the shoulder, isn't that what blogs are for?
POTS,
Erin