This one's for you Martha ;-)


Wow, what a week! I just got back from NYC where I taped a segment on The Martha Stewart Show! Can you believe it? OMG, Martha is so high-tech. The good news is that it was a very rewarding experience :-) The bad news is that it won't air until next Spring 2010 :-( I will be sure to let you all know when to watch it!! And I'll post some of our speaking points a little later on...

In the meantime, I'm back in sunny Santa Monica plowing through my "Finalize Product Development list", and I realize I've done it. I've accomplished a huge number of NetLingo upgrades that my friend and coach in NorCal and I decided were my priorities. When I encountered this list to cross off --and was able to cross off every one of them and more!-- I was like OMG, and so I decided to dedicate this blog to another Martha I know, Martha Danly, this one's for you...

We had a follow-up column and sure enough, these are all DONE :-)
Content:

  • Dictionary/Website – needs upgrading to PHP, streamline design, run broken links, add wiki feature, add new shop capability, add new ad system, possible subscription - DONE
  • Homepage – to feature popular editorial topics and add your own lingo - DONE
  • Monthly Newsletter email – broken, needs upgrade - DONE
  • Word of the day email – ready to launch - DONE
  • Webcast – on-demand requests - DONE
Products:
  • Book – time to publish another book - THE LIST
  • PDF – produce handbooks for walgreens/subscription - NEXT MONTH
  • E-book – bundle with websafety/nokia - instead DEVELOPED AN IPHONE APP!
Web Tools:
  • Pocket Dictionary - mini-browser - FIXED
  • RSS - new and updated terms delivered immediately - ENHANCED
  • Search & Browse Box - use the dictionary from any website- SAME
  • Toolbar - keep on browser for easy search - NEW
  • Widget – word of the day on Google - NEW
Just giving myself a big pat on the shoulder, isn't that what blogs are for?
POTS,
Erin



1 comments:
gravatar
Martha said...
10:58 AM  

Erin,

This post gives me goosebumps! It's so satisfying to see how much you've accomplished with NetLingo. I love that it continues to grow and become even more relevant as time goes on. Come back to my living room anytime, and we'll do another strategy session with Black Mountain overlooking us.

In my old-fashioned world of telecoms and linguistics, POTS means Plain Old Telephone Service. Glad to see your update with Pat On The Shoulder!

Of course, I need to know more about the Martha Stewart Show...can't wait to hear the story.

-MArtha

Post a Comment